DREAM BIGGER. EXPECT MORE.
The New $130 Million Chadstone Hotel
As part of the continual evolution of Chadstone – The Fashion Capital, the Chadstone MGallery by Sofitel hotel will commence construction in late May 2018.
Construction and management of the new 250-room hotel will create more than 1,300 new jobs, including 1,250 jobs in construction and 120 ongoing roles in the operation of the hotel, boosting employment in the Monash area.
Forming part of a world-class retail, dining and entertainment destination, the hotel will be situated on Princes Highway between Chadstone and the commercial office tower.
The hotel development is a key element of Chadstone’s masterplan. Our vision is to build upon Chadstone’s iconic status, and for the shopping centre and hotel to become one internationally recognised lifestyle, entertainment and tourism destination. The hotel is being constructed to capitalise on the 23 million visitors that visit Chadstone each year, including the estimated 350,000 international tourists.
Demand for the hotel will be driven by business travellers, tourists and visitors to both Chadstone and the commercial offices of the 17 international and national businesses located on-site, as well as the nearby Monash precinct employment hub which employs 75,000 people. Heavy noise excavation works have already been completed on the site with the main hotel construction to begin in coming weeks.
For further information around Chadstone’s masterplan and the hotel construction, please visit the FAQ section below or contact us for more information.
HOTEL FEATURES WILL INCLUDE:
250 GUEST ROOMS AND SUITES
HEALTH AND WELLNESS FACILITIES, INCLUDING A DAY SPA, POOL, GYM
CONFERENCING / MEETING ROOMS
TWO RESTAURANTS & LOUNGE BAR
East Mall Upgrade
The East Mall is welcoming a new flagship store, Victoria’s Secret, coming late 2018. This will be their first full assortment store in Australia. It will feature an assortment of the iconic Victoria’s Secret lingerie collections, including Body by Victoria, Very Sexy, Dream Angels, Bombshell, Cotton lingerie, as well as the brand’s athletic line Victoria Sport. Alongside the brand’s best-selling lingerie will be Victoria’s Secret signature scents, body care collections and Victoria’s Secret PINK, a collection of bras, panties, loungewear and beauty.
Coles Car Park Upgrade
The existing Coles Car Park (Car Park C) at Chadstone – The Fashion Capital, will be expanded to make way for 42 new spaces on the ground level, and two access points reconfigured to ease traffic congestion.
There will also be a pedestrian walkway and more car spaces for parents with prams, creating easier access for all.
In September 2018, Chadstone will be opening a brand new Visitor Lounge for visitors to enjoy. In addition to providing spaces for VIP events, champagne on arrival for special groups and roving multilingual team members to answer questions, we will also provide the following benefits and opportunities to our visiting guests:
- A multilingual welcome video to help visitors explore Chadstone's 550 Stores & Restaurants
- Boiling water and teas for when guests need to take a moment to relax
- Stylist service bookings so visitors can make the most of our 38 luxury brands & Australian Designers
- Gift bags to purchase
Keep checking back here for updates on what else visitors will be able to enjoy during their visit to The Fashion Capital and when they can expect to see this new stunning space come to life.
CHADSTONE HOTEL DEVELOPMENT
Why is Chadstone building a hotel?
The Chadstone MGallery by Sofitel hotel will cater for the expanding office and tourism trade in the area. Designed by Melbourne-based architects, Bates Smart, it will be the first hotel to target a 5 Star Green Star rating using the new generation Green Star – Design/As Built v1.1 rating tool. Construction and management of the new 250-room hotel will create more than 1,300 new jobs, including 1,250 jobs in construction and 120 ongoing roles in the operation of the hotel, boosting employment in the Monash area.
When will Chadstone’s hotel development works commence?
When will Chadstone’s development works conclude?
What are the construction operating hours?
- Mon-Fri 7am to 8pm
- Sat 9am to 8pm
- Sunday will be via prior application and then approval from Council on an as required basis
How will the potential emission of dust be managed?
The Builder has implemented a dust management plan which provides a guide to control, monitor and identify all dust generating activities during all stages of the construction.
Some of the key objectives will be to ensure control measures are in place, to mitigate any health risk or loss of amenity due to emission of dust into the environment.
The dust management systems can be summarised:
- Dust suppression techniques will be reviewed if excessive visual dust is observed
- Maintain footpaths and gutters to ensure they are clean and swept daily
- Site personnel will visually monitor dust levels during construction and operation of the project. Dust suppression measures will be instituted using water trucks, spray bars and other means as necessary, in the event that high levels of dust are observed, and/or strong winds and dry conditions make dust generation likely
- A combination of solid timber hoarding and shade cloth will help keep any dust generated within the site boundary
- If elevated dust levels are identified during works the dust management practices will be reviewed and appropriate controls implemented
- If neighbouring buildings / residents have reported release of visible dust, complaints shall be recorded and acted on promptly
Where are the tradespersons parking during the construction operating hours?
All tradespersons will be encouraged to utilise public transport and will be prohibited to park within Chadstone Shopping Centre to ensure that all car parking is available to customers.