SPOTTED AT CHADSTONE: CHAMPION
Meet Champion's winning team, Sarah and Alem
We spotted two ambassadors from famed street-wear label, Champion and asked them to share their favourite threads and tell us where they get their street style inspiration from.
Sarah joined the team at Champion's grand opening in November last year and dresses with colour to spice up her look. Alem, the latest addition to the team is all about
pairing an outfit to the shoes.
Find out their street style, what sportswear era they like to rock and favourite items to
splurge on this season.
What’s your essential pick this season at Champion?
Sarah: A puffer Jacket – they’re super stylish, on trend and they keep you warm!
Alem: Yellow Gold Champion Script Hoodie – colour is in!
How do you nail the perfect athleisure look?
Sarah: I always opt for a coloured jacket, neon sneakers and pair it back with some basics.
Alem: It’s all about being comfortable and versatile.
What's your favourite styling tip?
Sarah: You can never go wrong with black!
Alem: Start with the kicks – work your outfit around the shoes!
What’s your favourite era of street-wear and sportswear, '70s '80s, '90s or '00s?
Sarah: I’d say the ‘00s. You really could do anything in your active wear in the noughties.
Alem: The ‘90s – street-wear was so vibrant, oversized and fun! Anyone could rock it. You didn’t have to be an athlete to wear it.
Top 5 favourite items from Champion?
- The Terry Bucket Hat – super cool, super ‘90s.
- Cropped Tee – available in heaps of colours and a real wardrobe staple.
- The Sporty Crop Hood – a really sporty vibe in a cute crop.
- C Move Tight – great athleisure style for in and out of the gym.
- Jersey Dress – this dress is super comfortable with a real varsity vibe.
- C Logo Beanie – a must have for winter.
- Reverse Weave Hooded Sweatshirt – it’s really colourful and a nod to the ‘90s.
- Script cap – perfect basic cap.
- Script Cuff Track Pant – the comfiest track pants with some cool side logo detail.
- Graphic Tape Hoodie – pair this with a track pant for a super comfy sportswear look.
What's your style when you're not working?
Sarah: Definitely comfy and casual.
Alem: It’s very much the same – always dressed to impress.
What's one item to splurge on?
Sarah: Sneakers – can’t go past a comfortable and stylish pair.
Alem: Shoes 100%! As before, you work the outfit around the kicks!
Who is your favourite person to follow on Instagram for style inspiration?
Sarah: @shannenjai - she has such a distinct style. A mix of sporty luxe fashion.
Alem: @c.syresmith - he’s down to earth, let’s his clothes tell his story for him and breaks out of what’s considered ‘normal’.
Finish this sentence. Embracing individuality in fashion means…
Sarah: Getting out of your comfort zone.
Alem: You do you! Don’t be afraid to try something different. Let your outfit tell your story!
What's the best thing about working at Chadstone - The Fashion Capital?
Sarah: Hands down best thing is that you can go shopping on your breaks (and of course, the food!)
Alem: Diversity in brands, customers and the travellers we get through on a daily basis.